Saturday, January 22, 2011



Dear Chad and Kristi

Here are photos of Miss Ivy taken by Seth Casteel of Little Friends Photography in October 2010, just after Ivy's first birthday.   Seth is a wonderful photographer based in Los Angeles, who travels to different cities and is available for appointments.   He also volunteers a lot of time to animal shelters in Los Angeles to make beautiful photos of these creatures in order to increase the odds that they will be adopted.
 


As you can see in the photos, Miss Ivy loves to chase blowing leaves.  She thinks they are alive.   Ivy is crazy for soccer and is a fierce competitor.   Ivy is both a clown and a gentle soul, as is evident in her photographs.  Every time I see a photo of her, she makes me smile.   I have a large photo of her looking straight at me as I enter my office at work to remind me to smile, take a breath, and remember that no matter how busy work may be, it's all good.   She keeps my blood pressure down and keeps me laughing.  She is my dear companion now that my sons are grown and my husband travels for work.  She is my guardian angel. 

Ivy was certified by Therapy Dogs International in October.   Her paper work was completed in January.  She is now ready to work at her first "big girl job" which is already lined up. She will be going to Warren Township Special Recreation a couple of times a month for an after school program for children with mental disabilities, primarily Autism and Down's Syndrome.   I know she will make these children smile too.   She is also exploring other "part time work" with an assisted living home down the street from our house and a psych unit at a nearby hospital. 

My God continue to bless you, your family, and your special dog family in your excellent and valuable profession.   

 Peace,
Jennifer and Russ Johnson